Monday, April 11, 2011

Poem Written by My Mother


God’s Abiding Love

My child, it is to you I write
Because I so love you.

Do you not understand,
How I love you ?

My love I gave to you
from the very beginning.

Even before the foundations
Of the earth were laid,
It is you I have sought and
So loved.

For you I’ve done so many things,
Yet you do not listen, nor do you
Hear.

I’ve sheltered you, covered you,
So that you were kept warm.

Still you seek your ways,
And do not see it is I,
Who gives you comfort
And rest.

Through many struggles
And ways you’ve wondered.
It is yet the world that’s given
You nothing but pain.

My child, My child,
Haven’t I told you ?
I will never leave you !

My arms are out stretched,
And in My hands I’m holding
You.

O precious, precious child,
Do you still not hear Me?

I so love you, and yet…

“Until now you have asked for nothing
In My name; ask and you will receive,
so that your joy may be made full.”
-       John 16:24

As God’s children we know there is no love greater,
Than God sacrificing His Precious Son Jesus Christ
In our behalf.
                                                      Written by - Marie Funk
April 9, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment