Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Do You Need A Blanket?

Do you feel like you are in a difficult situation that is never going to change?  Are you going through something that is just too much to bear and sooooo big that you just can’t allow yourself to hope for victory?  Are you discouraged? Do you feel like giving up?
 Oh come on, you know what I mean!  We all have those days when we shout, “I’m just going to stop praying about this because it doesn’t help and nothing is ever going to change!”  Maybe you have been in a trial for years now and there seems to be no end in sight and you just don’t think you can bear it another day!
 Sometimes when I am discouraged like this the last thing I want to do is pick up my bible and start searching endlessly for that one special passage to make the dark cloud lift.  It almost seems safer to cozy up to the discouragement and try to make it my home.  Well recently while I was cozying up to some less than comfortable discouragement, I was doing a study in the Word preparing to help someone else, and zap I was jolted with the most awesome verse which has not allowed me to stay discouraged for any length of time since.  Of course it was no coincidence that it was the memory verse for the week!   So I eagerly committed this one to memory and I fervently beg you do the same.  Oh and please… Pray it too!
“Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?”  Jeremiah 32:37
NOTHING is too hard for Him, NOTHING is too big and NO ONE is out of His reach. 
So there you go… that my friends is one warm cozy blanket! Snuggle up!! 

1 comment:

  1. oh that the Lord would cover us with His wings that we might take courage in Him for in Him we are more than conquerors! oh that we would snuggle under His mighty hand

    thank you for the blanket :)

    ReplyDelete