Thursday, January 27, 2011

Jesus Marveled

Marvel -  to be wondered at, to be had in admiration

And when Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, imploring Him, and saying, “Lord, my servant is lying paralyzed at home, fearfully tormented." Jesus said to him, "I will come and heal him." But the centurion said, “Lord, I am not worthy for You to come under my roof, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, 'Go!' and he goes, and to another, 'Come!' and he comes, and to my slave, 'Do this!' and he does it." Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those who were following, "Truly I say to you, I have not found such great faith with anyone in Israel.” Matthew 8:5-10

I just love that Jesus marveled!  It is easy to read right pass that without pausing because we all marvel, but wait just a second... this is Jesus marveling, God in the flesh is saying…WOW!  Why did He marvel?  Because the centurion’s faith in Him was so great! Greater than anyone else in Israel!
Oh how I would love for Christ to look upon my heart and say,” WOW… you my child, have a faith that I hold in admiration.”  I can feel tears welling up in my eyes as I think about that.  Yes, I know that one day I will be completely sanctified in Christ and He who has begun a good work in me will have fully perfected my faith, but I am just thinking about today and asking Him to grow my faith because I just want Him to marvel again!

1 comment: