Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mady Loves Her Bible

I just have to share this cute story about our little Madeleine.  A few days ago she started taking her little Bible with her everywhere like to bed, bath and beyond (lol).  And, “no” I wasn’t paid or perked for that name drop. (lol again)  Mady is only 20 months old so her bible isn't a King James Version or anything, it is a little book that  says” My first Bible” and it contains a few bible story’s.  While reading it to her I told her in a very dramatic voice that God said,” NO! NO!  Do not eat the apples from the tree" to Adam and Eve and when we get to Samson and Delilah I point at Delilah and say NO! NO! Don’t cut his hair!  (A funny side note here, when she looks at the picture of Samson knocking down the pillars, she says, “daddy!” I hope that doesn’t make me Delilah. YIKES!)  So this afternoon she was sitting on the potty browsing through her beloved bible, when all of the sudden I hear her yelling NO! NO! rather aggressively , so I headed right for the bathroom, quickly making my way down the hall, wondering what the fuss was all about.  What did I find?  Not a thing was wrong she was just yelling at Delilah, pointing her finger and everything.   She is so into this bible thing!  I love that she right away correlated, Mommy and Daddy have a bible and so do I, even though they look very different.   Our bibles are big, brown and leather and hers is very colorful and made of cardboard but somehow she still knows they are all bibles even though we never told her.
I guess I am excited because she is noticing that we seem to have our bibles with us a lot and she is trying to be like us.  She sees that we take them in the car, have them at church, use them in the morning and night and that daddy pretty much uses his all the time.  Even at this early age, she understands the Bible is important to us and I feel so blessed to be a good example, at least this one time, because most of the time I pray she doesn’t imitate the not so great things about me, which I fear she sees more than I like.  So now… my prayer is that she falls deeper in love with her bible everyday and of course I hope soon it will be big, brown and leather.
“Praise the Lord! How blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in His commandments.  His descendants will be mighty on the earth!!...” Psalm 112:1-2a

No comments:

Post a Comment