Monday, January 24, 2011

Enjoy The Ride

It just completely boggles my mind how unpredictable life is! Isn’t it humorous how we still try to plan out everything even though it is completely obvious that we are not in control?  Total DENIAL!! While Kevin and I were out for a run this afternoon I starting thinking “I can’t believe I am running down this street toward that house.  I can’t believe we live here.  I never thought we would… ever!   I can’t even believe I’m even running.  I never thought I would… ever.  I can’t believe that somehow, someway, I am now a pastor’s wife.  I never even dreamed…ever.  I can’t believe I am a mother.  I never imagined….ever.”  I can’t even picture what tomorrow will be like because it is never what I plan or envision.  So while pondering all these things I remembered a verse “Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.  Proverbs 19:21  Even though my life hasn’t turned out even close to what I planned I rejoice because I know His plans for me are so much better!    So I know I need to relax a little and enjoy the ride! [so to speak] 

1 comment: