Friday, December 31, 2010

Bye Bye 2010

 So today we all prepare to close another chapter in our lives, so to speak, and embrace another new year.  In just a few hours the ball will drop and we will welcome year 2011!   So many things to think about…maybe 2010 was a joyous year for you, your best year yet, or maybe it was a year filled with pain and regrets or possibly a little of both, right?  Some may be ready to wave goodbye to 2010 and others not so sure, but either way time rushes ahead, the clock keeps ticking, and our hearts full with hope and anticipation for what lies ahead.  I love thinking about the future I can even feel my heart smile, if that is possible, because I know what a glorious future awaits me.  As Christians we are banking on what the future holds for us, it is our Hope!   God’s future grace and promises  are what we hold fast to as we continue our race of faith, especially when the road is rugged and all uphill at times.  So I consider a few of the promises I can bank on for year 2011
I am one year closer to beholding my King face to face (1Cor.13:12)
The Good work Christ has begun in me will be more completed this year (phil. 1:6)
I will become more transformed into the glorious image of Christ (2Cor. 3:18)
And of course there are many more.  Take some time and consider the glorious future that is awaiting you as God’s child.  May I encourage us to make 2011 a year of pressing on for the prize, holding fast to Christ and His promises and laying up treasures in heaven and not on earth! 
“Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 3:13-14
“Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Thessalonians 5:23

No comments:

Post a Comment