Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sweet Sixteen

Sweet Sixteen!!
Years of marriage that is.  Today is the day 16 years ago, my high school sweetheart, Kevin and I were married.  How fitting that today is my first official blog entry.  I could go on for pages on what a glorious triumph this is but instead I just have one thing that keeps running through my mind… By the grace of God I stand.  Glory to Him as we celebrate, He is the one who has so blessed our marriage beyond anything I could ask or think.
Yesterday I was surprised a little early with 16 red roses.  Red for love!  How romantic or some might say easy… right?  But the red is a reminder to us of the bloodshed so that we could make a marriage covenant and have strength to keep that covenant.  It reminds us who our marriage is to display, Jesus Christ.
Kevin says that marriage is a light to the world to display the gospel.  Oh how I pray that our marriage will do that for the sake of the glory of God.
Kevin here is 16 things I admire:
1. I love how you care more about your people than taking a shower!
2. When we are in a large gathering, I love how you spot the oldest woman in the room and comment on how beautiful she looks.
3.  I love how you leave me love notes written all over our mirrors
4.  I love how your favorite movies are the Love Come Softly series.
5.  I love how you have never let me sleep on the couch when I am upset.  You always come and pick me up and carry me back to bed.  You will do it 10 times if you have to.
6.  I love how you are vibrant and full of life and super funny but at the same time dead serious about what matters, the Word of God.
7.  I love how I have to fight you to get a chance to rock our little Mady to sleep because you say it is your favorite part of the day.
8.  I love how you love people.  Your example has taught me so much.
9.  I love how you say, “You can love people or stuff but not both!”
10.  I love how you are a daredevil and we have to keep extra insurance on you for all those ER visits!
11. I love how no matter where you are you light up the whole place and have the most fun out of anyone else there. (Even if it is the dentist office or hospital bed)
12.  I love how when I call you CRAZY you always reply, “CRAZY in love with you!”
13.  I love how you can’t sing but yet you are the loudest singer in the room, and right in the middle of a song you will change keys if it gets too high for you.
14. I love how you always know someone everywhere we go even when we are out of town.  How do you do that?
15. I love your faithfulness to love and forgive me always
16.  Last but of course not least… I love how you love the Lord.  It shines through everything you do and inspires all of us around you to imitate your faith!
Eph. 5:31
“For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!! We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on sixteen precious years together.You are precious to us in your part as family , also in your testimony in God's family.We love you all very much.Happy Anniversary! God Bless you both... Hugs and prayers always... Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 16th Anniversary love of my life!! this is so sweet! im at work and i dont think i'm supposed to be crying-- but like a baby i am :) may the Lord be gracious and merciful to give us another wonderful 16 years
    i love you
    love your husband, friend and brother in Christ,
    kk

    ReplyDelete