Friday, December 17, 2010

Corrie Ten Boom You Hit The Nail Right On The Head!!

Have you ever learned or experienced something that you just couldn’t put into words.  Then all of the sudden someone says it so eloquently, and it hits you right between the eyes, and you shout “yes! I know that. You are right! You are right!”  Well that is exactly what happened to me a couple of nights ago while reading Corrie Ten Boom’s, Tramp for the Lord.  Corrie said, “I wish I could say that after a long and fruitful life, traveling the world, I had learned to forgive all my enemies.  I wish I could say that merciful and charitable thoughts just naturally flowed from me and on to others.  But they don’t.  If there is one thing I’ve learned since I’ve passed my eightieth birthday, it’s that I can’t store up good feelings and behavior- but only draw them fresh from God each day.”
 So in total agreement… I shout, “You are so right Corrie!” What a surrendered heart, totally dependent on God’s grace, and therefore He gets all the glory!  What else do I need to say? Like I said, she hit the nail right on the head!

Lamentations 3:20-26
“Surely my soul remembers and is bowed down within me.  This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope.  The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I hove hope in Him.”  The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him.  It is good that he waits silently for the salvation of the Lord.”

1 comment:

  1. Very true. I have to crucify my self (flesh) every day. I wake up my old selfish way each morning and must turn to God and die to self. Thank you for this daily uplifting in Christ on your blog.

    ReplyDelete