Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Wait for the Lord

“Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord”
 Psalm 27:14
So today in my devotions this is the verse that jumped off the page of my bible and worked its way deep into my heart and I hope there it will stay!  How I need to wait for the Lord!!  Look at the imperatives in this verse… wait, be strong, take courage and again wait.  It is strong and courageous to wait for the Lord.  There are so many times I want to act cowardly and take matters into my own hands.    This is one of those days for me.   Is it for you too, my friend?  I have learned that in times like this my words impart no comfort, so here is God’s promise for us…
“Indeed, none of those who wait for You will be ashamed…” Psalm 25:3

No comments:

Post a Comment