Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wonderful Counselor

 “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.  And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6)

Just looking at all that Christ is in this verse is incredibly amazing!  So once more let’s take the time to quiet ourselves and intentionally worship the Christ of Christmas.   Today I just want to pause at His first name, Wonderful Counselor.  If you look up the transliteration and meaning of these two words they basically mean exactly what they say.  Wonderful meaning extraordinary and counselor meaning, giving counsel, advise.   
So the beginning of the verse says... unto us He is born to us He is given.  The Wonderful Counselor was given specifically to me and to you.  How has He been a Wonderful Counselor to you personally?  
As I reflect, let me share with you one way He has been a Wonderful Counselor to me.  He has given me His word and allowed me to feast on His truth!  One special thing this Wonderful Counselor has shown me is that He is a covenant God.  I am so thankful that He has revealed Himself to me that way through the wonderful counsel the word.  “The secret of the Lord is for those who fear Him, and He will make them know His covenant.”(Psalm 25:14) Thank you Wonderful Counselor for revealing Yourself to me.
Please take time today to reflect on how the Christ of Christmas, born for you, has been a Wonderful Counselor to you personally.  Then go and adore Him once more!

O come let us adore Him, O come let us adore Him, O come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment