Thursday, December 16, 2010

Love Makes You Do Crazy Things


I am learning more and more that love can move you do some bizarre things you would have never done!  Love will compel one to do something like, oh should I admit wear a big red Elmo shirt.  Let me just paint this picture for you with a little deeper dimension.  Love compelled me to rummage through the rack to find my exact size, wait in a very long checkout line, dig deep into my wallet, and shell out some dough, rush home and find just the right pants to compliment my brand spanking new Elmo shirt. Then amid all the excitement I slapped it on and wore it before even washing it!

Those of you who know me personally are cracking up right now because you wouldn’t expect to see me sporting this cool shirt , you know it’s a bit outside of my character, and not really my style, but for a wide eyed toddler little girl who can’t stop shouting “ELMO”, I couldn’t help myself.

Praise be to God for His GREAT love.  Who never has to go outside His character to express His love to us!  He is love.  All that He is, He is to us all of the time faithfully.  We could never say, “That doesn’t sound like something God would usually do!”   How awesome is His perfect love!  So hard to comprehend and incomparable with our ways, and exceedingly greater than anything we can grasp. 
I call this GREAT love because that is how God’s love is described for us in Ephesians 2
“But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions made us alive together with Christ…”
I say we are not able to comprehend this love on our own because Paul prays in chapter 3 of Ephesians that we know this love because it surpasses human comprehension.
“… And that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.”


No comments:

Post a Comment